Sunday, March 30, 2008

Baby Stuff

So going to Babies R Us is overwhelming and exhausting. I registered there earlier in March. I found the store limiting and frustrating. Though unlike my friend Beth, who blogged about aLink number of diaper bags, I do not have that sort of time, energy, or mental fortitude to do that level of research on baby items. And Beth did it half as a joke. (I think she's part wonder woman.)

I've found "window shopping" on-line to be not so overwhelming as a box store, when it came to items like bedding and cribs. I did find crib bedding at Bed, Bath & Beyond cheaper than at Babies R Us. And so I registered there for a few items along with bedding, as well as at One Step Ahead. I'm still working on diapers...wow! There are so many options these days. Stay tuned for anyone wanting to buy us diapers, I'm studying up. So far either all-in-one or delivery-service level pre-folds with a wrap. I found Maine Cloth Diaper helpful and may register there.

Something that Brad and I are interested in is non-plastic, non-battery toys. Sure we'll have some plastic & batteries but we'd like our child to have more natural made toys that help stimulate imagination. Some helpful web-sites if you'd like to buy Jr. a toy is The Wooden Wagon, Nova Natural toys & crafts, Oompa Toys, Maukilo.

2 comments:

3.2.1...Lets GO! said...

My advise-stay away from Baby's R us. I am convinced they have a corner on the baby market and force feed it into any new mother's head. (it just leads to bigger head aches) I have a friend who does cloth diapers- she has a great system and it works great, I have watched her kid and I do have to say it is a lot easy than it sounds. Good for you for doing such indepth research!
Beth

Beth said...

Hey! I suggest Fuzzi Bunz (www.fuzzibunz.com) or G diapers (www.gdiapers.com) for cloth diapers. Kim and Kurt (our friends in Portland) use Fuzzi buns, and love them!

And, we just registered at Babies r' Us yesterday...it was a bit ludicrous, I thought, sending clueless new-parents-to-be into the great baby beyond with a scan gun and a smile...but we managed to laugh our way through it. I'm making the bedding and such, and we have most of the big items already, so we just tried to be smart about choosing things...mostly things that we played with as a kid! :)
B