Wednesday, July 16, 2008


Okay, I'm ready! Last night Brad and I went out to Toys R Us and bought a "birthing tub". We learned Monday that our midwife's tub sprang a leak and we were on our own to come up with a tub if we (Kimberly) want to try a water birth. So after investigating on line and talking with others that have done a water birth we went for the pool sale at the toy store...and Kimberly promptly lost Brad to all the other toys.

Grand Rapids hit 90 degrees today...I think I can wait a day or so to have this little one. Yuck! I hate the heat. Thankfully I jumped from AC to AC to a friend's pool today. I think we're suppose to have a storm tonight and that will hopefully cool things down.

So two more days till the due date! I have had mixed feelings. Like any pregnant woman I'm ready, oh so ready to meet this little one and get him/her out of me. But I would rather have a fully baked baby than an under baked one. I was ready to have this baby over the holiday weekend, but he/she wasn't ready. From what I hear from experienced moms is that those babies that came early tend to want to sleep more and eat less till their real due date. So then moms worry more about the babies and it would have been better to tough out those last days or weeks of the pregnancy. I found great comfort in those words of sticking it out!

Now the question is when will this little one show up!
We're all waiting for that answer! We'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Hey Berly:

That is a good size pool there. What I think you should do is fill it up and take some practice swims in it. Perhaps it will get little baby to want to come out and play. The only problem might be EL would want to come join you.