Thursday, August 7, 2008

Oliver update day



So today I'm trying to bring you all up to speed on this rapidly changing and growing baby Oliver. I know I should be taking a nap, but I've heard from family and friends that I haven't posted often enough.

July 29th, Oliver was 10 days old when we moved him from our bed to Brad's baby cradle a foot from the side of our bed. We all have slept much better since then. Not to say that I've had any big chunk of sleep since his birth. Though last night Oliver gave me 2 3 hour segments of sleep. The longest yet! It felt great to sleep so long. Though I woke up wondering what was up. The nursing group I've gone to says 6 weeks old or 10 lbs before they'll sleep through the night. Hopefully this is the beginning of what friends say "It'll get better." I know he is not yet 3 weeks old, but I was beginning to dread bedtime, wondering how long each night would be! Two nights ago I was walking into door frames, as I couldn't see straight. Somehow God created Moms to cope because I am still somehow sane during the day. But as Oliver is now 10lbs, I guess the long nights of feeding is paying off. This little boy can eat!

2 comments:

Angela said...

I love the picture of Ellington sticking his nose under the bumper. He just needs to check to make sure Oliver is okay. So cute!

Cara said...

This is so cute of El, just checkin out his little playmate.